Saturday, January 01, 2011

Aw, come on! Somebody must be reading this, no?

While most of the people around me, very drinking and raising toasts to the coming year, I chose to sign up for a trip. A trip, yes. Well, I of course thought it'll be a great idea, a little alone time, an adventure of sorts. But, turns out, this wasn't one of your usual, holiday in the sun. This one was a little different.
This was an emotional joyride. Okay, let's not kid around. This was an emotional ride minus the joy. Yup. And to add to it, the journey never ends. Apparently, my cynical friend who believed and convinced me too, that, "nothing is forever. forever is nothing.", was wrong. When it comes to the land of miseries and misunderstandings, everything is forever.
Yea, it does have happy moments, they come as a part of the package. But they are free, and don't we all know about the quality of free stuff. Besides, I've never really been a fan of stuff that comes free anyway.
But what about my plans? I mean, if everything sucks so, what happens to my plans! Does this mean that I'm stuck with no option? Do I have to go through hell, just 'cause I wanted a trip? A vacation? *sigh* I guess I do.

I sometimes wonder though, whether a glass of sparkling perfection in my hands would be a better (and wiser) idea.

2 comments:

X said...

Only if it's filled with a healthy dose of whiskey or wine. As melancholic as ever, really? It's a new year, a fresh start, blah blah blah. hehe

Ananya said...

I don't even drink! :\!