Friday, September 14, 2012

a question from my notebook.

"The ego. A fascinating thing to exist." - from my notebook

I am not sure why I didn't date my last scribble in the colorful book I've recently become the owner of. It spoke of defeats, clashes and the importance of a larger than life ego. I wrote about it with a bit of hurt inside but more because I've always wondered why is that we find it hard to over come our ego.

I'm not sure about you, but I often confuse my ego with self respect. But then how does ending a cold war with a friend, saying sorry to the person I love affect my self respect? Why is it that I treat it as a loss?

I possess no, or very little theoretical knowledge about this fascinating thing called Ego but when it comes to the practical part, I think we're all pretty much sailing on the same boat. So, what when this all important ego of ours falls flat? What do we do when we allow our ego to be bashed up? Why does it feel like we've lost a battle?

Do we not want to end the unpleasantness? And if we do, then why is it so important to see who ends it?
Write me an answer, will you?

No comments: